6.04.2008

Freedom Foundation


I've started working on a project at an NGO called Freedom Foundation. They help out in a variety of ways at centers throughout India, but I've been hanging out, meeting and talking with people at their HIV/AIDS center.

This woman, Ramalakshamamma, is a patient in the ICU women's ward at Freedom Foundation. The story I'm working on is focused on the eleven orphaned children that have lived their entire lives at the center, but I've found some time to spend with the adults as well.

The children are incredible; I can't fathom the lives they've been forced to live with since birth. Yet they seem to be some of the happiest kids I've met. They are so thankful for a second chance at life, for a place to live filled with love and understanding, without judgement.... I'm stopping before I get on a rant... more on the kids later.

3 comments:

Joe Buglewicz said...

wow...sounds absolutely incredible...

Callie Richmond said...

so proud of my strong dudders

Eli Meir Kaplan said...

Fantastic shot. Sounds like a great story.